CIF Code of Ethics
CIF Constitution – Southern Section Code of Ethics
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct, and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by the players on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and the emotional well-being of the individual players.
- To remember that an athletic contest is only a game, not a matter of life and death for player, coach, school, officials, fan, community, state, or nation.
If you have any concerns or questions with regards to the CIF rules and regulations, please contact the Athletic Director.