- Federal Student Aid: NERD Scholar has an online tool called the FAFSA Guide, which helps students answer questions such as “Should I fill out the form if I am undocumented?”
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund has compiled a list of other resources for Dreamer students. Click here to download the list.
- Repository of Resources for Undocumented Students: This document by the College Board offers detailed, state-by-state information on higher education admission policies, financial aid and scholarships, as well as on support organizations.
AB 167 FAQ
Common questions about the implementation of the AB 167 graduation requirements for students in foster care who transfer in grades eleven or twelve.
Alliance For Children's Rights
The Alliance for Children’s Rights protects the rights of impoverished, abused and neglected children and youth.
10 Facts Every Foster Youth Should Know
Foster Youth Help California (2011)
Educates California foster youth about their rights and options while providing resources on how to receive their entitled opportunities.
Represent: The Voice of Youth in Care
Provides inspiration and information to youth in foster care by bringing awareness to specific topics. Written by youth in care, the magazine features articles that discuss topics and stories related to birth families, foster parents, the foster care system, group homes, overcoming anger and loss, mental health, finding support, and more.
Spending Time in Foster Care: A Guide for Children
National Association of Social Workers (2007)
Offers information and tips for youth entering foster care about feelings that may arise while in care, reasons for entering foster care, what may happen if a permanency plan calls for reunification or adoption, and ways to make the foster care experience better. This guide also discusses biological and foster family relationships, the role of the court, and how youth can talk to their guardians ad litem or CASA workers about their desires.
Resources taken from the Child Welfare Information Gateway. We encourage you to visit their site.
Postsecondary resources in the area...
PCC provides a set of services for current and former foster youth.
ELAC provides a set of services for current and former foster youth.
WHEN: Saturday, December 10, 2016 l 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
WHERE: Los Angeles City College Student Union l 855 N. Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029 l Next to the METRO RED LINE and the 101 l Freeway off Vermont.Free parking is available next to the Student Union.
REGISTER: Click here to register
- Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Teens: Facts for Teens and Their Parents from HealthyChildren.org
- Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN): Student Action
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) Network
- It Gets Better Project
- StopBullying.gov: Information for LGBT Youth
- The Trevor Project: Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention
- The Hetrick-Martin Institute
- The Arnaldo Rodriguez Scholarship @ Pitzer College
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- MALDEF 2016-2017 List
- The DREAM.US