1. The AJ Wang Foundation Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for students planning to attend community colleges in the area. Students must be a resident or citizen, have cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, commit to enroll as a full-time student, submit letter of application, official application and transcript (with first semester senior grades), resume, and final transcript by August 1. Students can earn up to $2,000 a year for up to three years. Please mail all application materials to the AJ Wang Foundation Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 3081, Cerritos, CA 90703 (Attention: Dr. Chiung-Sally Chou, Executive Director). Visit http://www.ajwangfoundation.org for more information. Deadline: Application period is April 1—June 1, 2014.
2. The Jeanne Ward Foundation will be granting up to twelve $1,750 scholarships to high school seniors in the Visual Arts who have or will apply or a higher education to refine artistic ability. Applicants must have completed at least two courses in the Arts. Two students will be nominated who have completed the application with two personal references, and samples of their artwork. Applications can be submitted to 2425 Mission Street, Suite 1, San Marino, California 91108. You may email email@example.com or call 626-799-6618 for an application, more information or to submit artwork and application. More information can be picked up at the Career Center or Guidance Office. Deadline: Must be delivered to the above address on April 15 or 16, 2014 between 10AM-4PM.
3. The Create Real Impact Contest is offering an up to $1,800 scholarship to a student who creates an original work showcasing the very real problem of reckless and distracted driving with your solution to stop that behavior. Entrants must be enrolled as full-time students in an accredited educational institution (secondary [high] school, trade school or college). Visit http://createrealimpact.com/ to enter contest. Deadline: April 18, 2014.
4. The Student View Scholarship Program is offering up to $10,000 worth of scholarships to high school seniors who plan to attend a four year college or career school. NO minimum SAT/ACT, essay, application fees, etc. Visit www.student-view.com Deadline: April 20, 2014.
5. The Negative Population Growth Scholarship Committee is offering an essay contest and awarding six scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $1,000. Students must submit an essay between 500-750 words that answers the following question: Explain why the average American citizen—particularly, our youngest generation—should become active in the cause to slow, halt, and eventually reverse U.S. population growth. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal residents, a senior in high school, planning to attend an accredited college or university, complete the application, write an essay between 500-750 words, size 12-14 font, printed, and single sided pages of 8.5×11 inches on white paper. Entries must be mailed to NPG Scholarship Contest, PO Box 1265, Teaneck, NJ 07666. Entries must be received by April 23,2014 (those postmarked prior to due date, but received after the deadline will NOT be accepted). For more information visit their online site at www.NPG.org.
6. The Asian Pacific Community Fund (Diamond Wipes) Scholarship supports economically challenged youth in fulfilling their dreams in obtaining a higher education. High school seniors should plan to attend Cal Poly Pomona, Fullerton, San Bernardino, minimum 3.0 GPA, have a household income at or below California State median, must be legal resident, and working towards a major in biology, microbiology, business management, chemistry, graphic design, web design, information technology, marketing, e-marketing, statistics, and/or supply chain management. For more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call (213) 624-6400, ext. 6. Deadline: Midnight, April 30, 2014.
7. The Los Angeles Federal Credit Union sis offering nine scholarships totaling $6,000 to deserving students who have officially been accepted to, or who are currently attending, a college or vocational school. The application is available on their website at http://www.lafcu.org/site/scholarships.html. You must be a member of the LAFCU (you can join) in order to apply. Deadline: April 30, 2014.