Academic Planning Calendars 2010-2011
- 9th Grade Planning Calendar
- [Calendario del 9 grado en español]
- 10th Grade Planning Calendar
- [Calendario del grado 10 en español]
- 11th Grade Planning Calendar
- 12th Grade Planning Calendar
High School 101 - Powerpoint, 08.19.10
Welcome Class of 2014! – Powerpoint, 09.21.10
Four-Year Plan – Powerpoint, 11.15.10
Welcome Juniors! – Modified powerpoint, 10.04.10
Welcome Class of 2011! (for families) – Powerpoint, 09.28.10
CSU Presentation – Powerpoint, 09.28.10
Welcome Class of 2011! (for students) – Powerpoint, 09.30.10
Financial Aid 101 – Powerpoint, 12.07.10
- AHS Graduation Requirements 2010-2014
- UC/CSU Requirements – These are the “A-G” requirements.
- UC Doorways – Search for A-G approved courses at AHS (or any California high school)
- California Colleges – 1. Create an account 2. Add your counselor 3. Begin the High School Planner!
- How to Go to College (Students)
- How to Go to College (Parents)
- Career Cruising – Explore careers that are best for you!
Username: alhambra Password: moors
- WhoDoUWant2Be? – More career exploration!
- Reality Check – Find out what you’ll need to earn to live the life you desire!
- AHS Peer Counseling – See your counselor for a referral to talk to a Peer Counselor.
- Gateway to Success- See your counselor if you are needing additional support for life stresses.
Financial Aid Resources
ALL seniors at AHS should apply, no matter WHAT type of study you plan to do after high school (technical school, community college, UC, CSU, or private institution). Application opens January 1 and closes March 2 each year (to apply for the following school year).
- icanaffordcollege.com – Specific help with financing community college – apply for the BOG waiver here!
- California Student Aid Commission – General help with financial aid.
- Cash For College – January 29, 2011 at AHS, 9 am – 12 pm
- CAHSEE – All students take at AHS in March of their 10th grade year.
- PSAT – The national preparation test for the SAT college entrance exam. Recommended for students in 10th and 11th grade.
- AP – The end-of-course exam for Advanced Placement courses taken at AHS.
- Revolution Prep – Offers SAT/ACT test preparation services at AHS.
- Test-Taking Tips