Hours of Service: M-F 7:30am – 4pm
Arlene Shinohara Senior Clerk Typist
Vanessa Topette ROP Technician
Janice Liu ROP Counselor
CSUN Rep Mary Ly (Thurs 8-3pm)
CSULA Rep Saul Pineda (Thurs 9-2 pm)
1. Career and College Explorations and Presentations
- college visits on campus
- information on college open houses
- scholarship information
2. College application assistance
3. College Fair
4. Computer lab for career, college or homework research
5. Financial Aid Resources
ALL seniors at AHS should apply, no matter WHAT type of study you plan to do after high school (technical school, community college, UC, CSU, or private institution). Application opens January 1 and closes March 2 each year (to apply for the following school year).
- icanaffordcollege.com – Specific help with financing community college – apply for the BOG waiver here!
- California Student Aid Commission – General help with financial aid.
- Cash For College – January 29, 2011 at AHS, 9 am – 12 pm
The Career center also provides advice and training through:
- Work Permits
6. Scholarship Bulletins and Info
7. Career Info
- Career Cruising – Explore careers that are best for you!
Username: alhambra Password: moors
- WhoDoUWant2Be? – More career exploration!
- Reality Check – Find out what you’ll need to earn to live the life you desire!
8. Internship info
9. Military info
10. Part time job postings
11. Resume Writing and Interview Assistance
12. ROP Class Info and Registration
13. Personal Resources
- AHS Peer Counseling – See your counselor for a referral to talk to a Peer Counselor.
- Gateway to Success- See your counselor if you are needing additional support for life stresses.
14. Testing Resources
- CAHSEE – All students take at AHS in March of their 10th grade year.
- PSAT – The national preparation test for the SAT college entrance exam. Recommended for students in 10th and 11th grade.
- AP – The end-of-course exam for Advanced Placement courses taken at AHS.
- Revolution Prep – Offers SAT/ACT test preparation services at AHS.
- Test-Taking Tips